Call for Papers for the International Conference on Affirmative Action and the Sustainable Development Goal of Gender Equality, organised by TNNLS in collaboration with the Oxford Human Rights Hub, Oxford University, UK
Submissions of abstracts due by: 28 February 2018
Submissions of draft papers due by: 1 July 2018
Conference dates: 22-23 September 2018, TNNLS campus, Tiruchirappalli
About the conference:
This conference proposes to bring together scholars, practitioners and students working in the fields of law, statistics, economics, sociology, anthropology, public policy, gender studies and other social sciences, to explore the link between Affirmative Action policies and achieving gender equality.
The conference will address the following themes:
- Efficacy of Affirmative Action in achieving Gender Equality and Goal 5 of the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Affirmative Action for Women and Human Rights Law;
- Affirmative Action through Reservation Policies vs. Affirmative Action through Preference Policies;
- Intersectionality in Affirmative Action: Situating Caste, Class and Race in the Affirmative Action Dialogue;
- Affirmative Action in Non-Political Institutions; and
- Affirmative Action: Strategies for Mobilisation
Please email your abstract as an MS-Word (.doc, .docx) file without any identifying references to email@example.com with the subject-line “Abstract Submission”. Please attach a separate document containing the title of the proposed paper, name of the author(s) and name of the institution(s). Abstracts are due by 11:59 PM on 28th February, 2018. Abstracts must not exceed 800 words. Co-authorship is allowed.
Select conference papers will be published in a special edition of the TNNLS Law Review.
For more information click here and here.
Any inquiries may be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.