Call for Papers: Challenges to Global Constitutionalism
Submissions due by: 23 February 2018
Workshop dates: 4 – 6 July at WZB Berlin Social Science Center
About the workshop:
Global Constitutionalism, in partnership with PluriCourts is organising a workshop for scholars interested in publishing in the field of global constitutionalism.
Paper proposals can be on any topic related to global constitutionalism.
Such topics may include:
• International courts and contemporary challenges to international courts
• Human rights
• The rule of law from a global perspective
• Contemporary challenges to democracy
• The legitimate role of the judiciary in the global order
• Contestation of global norms
• Global justice
• Transnational democracy
• Post-colonial critiques of global constitutionalism
• Non-western approaches to global constitutionalism
• The implications of the rise of populist and nationalist movements for global constitutionalism
• Global constitutionalism and cultural diversity
To apply, submit a paper abstract of up to 400 words and an academic biography of 150 words at email@example.com by 23 February 2018.
For more information about the workshop, click here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org